In this video we show you how to Navigate the complexity of employment law in Australia.
As Consultants in Human Resources & Recruitment we have put together a video series for business owners on how to navigate employment law in Australia.
Hi, I am Sonia King the founder of King Consulting Human Resources Management and Recruitment Consultants. My background started with studying psychology at Sydney University. After working for over 20 years in business leading large teams, I founded King Consulting in 2010 to assist business owners to drive profits with their team.
The video’s are short and to the point and in this first one, we cover the what you need to know to navigate employment law in Australia.
I am a big fan of uncomplicating the complex by breaking it down into understandable chunks. This video series aims to do that for you about complying with employment law under Fair Work Australia.
Consequently, we will start with some of the basic areas which are a cause of confusion and gradually build your knowledge.
In the Vlog Navigating employment law in Australia, we will cover topics such as:
- The National Employment Standards and what it means to you as an employer
- 10 minimum entitlements and what you need to know as an employer
- Some of the big news cases of breaches to employment law and what it means for your business
- Why some businesses are getting it wrong and hitting the news
- Modern Awards and how to find the right ones for your employees and your business
- Understand all the terms of Modern Awards how they apply to your employees, so you don’t risk underpayments
- Maximum weekly hours plus reasonable over time what it really means
- The effect the hours a person works has on the hourly rate you pay
- Free services you can tap into to obtain advice
- Navigate to various areas of government and their roles in employment law
Navigating employment law in Australia Video tutorial
Continue watching for our Navigating employment law in Australia video series
The next video will be about the National Employment Standards and what they mean for your employees in your business. We welcome your feedback in the comments below. Let us know if there is a topic you would like covered. If you would like support with a human resources management issue please get in touch.